Brain.fm = My new favorite thing.
What is it?
Functional music to improve focus. Our science-first approach creates music that sounds different–and affects your brain differently–than any other music. – brain.fm
My focus and productivity went up 1000%
I used to listen to either:
- My Flow playlist on Spotify (got boring if I wasn’t constantly adding to it)
- Binaural beats
- YouTube channels such as this one (which is pretty great)
It got annoying trying to find consistent sources for this unique style of music.
Why did I decide to write this about them?
I’ve been using them for only a week or so now. Each time I turned them on, it was something vastly different than the last time.
This kept me from getting bored with it.
Today, I turned to the app for a 1.5 hours deep work focus session.
As soon as it came on, my mind went straight into flow…
I thought, shit this is cool. I want people to know about it!
This tool is now a pivotal part of my daily routine. I highly recommend you give it a trial.
Here is a list of benefits if you are considering
- Huge, diverse collection of sounds/music that you can have chosen for you randomly based on your need.
- You can pick what you want out of the app (focus, sleep, deep work focus, meditation etc.)
- It happens to act as a nice time tracking tool as well. I will often work without time restrictions/tracking and not even realize that 2–3 hours have gone by. It’s nice to have a marker so you can reflect on what you’ve achieved and what still needs your attention.
- The music is “cool.” It’s not lame like many playlists I’ve heard out there. It puts me in a great, focused mood.
- This app also builds your productivity habit. I have started to associate the app with high-productivity, therefore, when I turn it on, I almost automatically tap into this state of mind.
- The app (online and IOS) is clean, simple, intuitive, and easy on the eyes.
And of course you can learn way more on their site — Brain.fm: Music to improve focus, meditation & sleep.