Overcome overwhelm, self-doubt, and uncertainty and build your thriving online business without wandering aimlessly
Today, I am going to show you how to find your business sweet spot, come up with your idea, validate it, and land impact your first client in the next 30 days
This will streamline your path to building your thriving online coaching business.
Here’s The Simple Truth…
You have a unique combination of skills, passions, and purpose that can solve other people’s problems. There are thousands or millions of people waiting for you to create a solution to their problem.
I’ll show you how to finally uncover your perfect sweet spot, find the problem you want to solve for people, create and validate your high ticket online business idea, and land your first client.
Whether you’re new to the online business world or you’ve been struggling to gain traction for years, these 5 simple steps will allow you to create the business and life you desire.
You Will Learn
- How to discover your business sweet spot
- The ONLY things you need to build your business
- Proven step by step formula to creating your business and validate your idea
- How to land your first client for $1000 – $5,000 in the next 30 days
I’m going to show you the ONLY things you need to build your business using your sweet spot. By the way…it doesn’t involve blogging, tweeting, SEO, YouTube, Snapchat or any other overwhelming methods you’ve probably seen a million times.
The trick about success is keeping things ridiculously simple…
I’ll break down my proven formula step-by-step so you can use it to uncover your own sweet spot.
Where your skills, passions and purpose collide to create your unique genius
Then I will show you how to create your business plan from scratch.
When we’re done here today – you’re going to see how it’s absolutely possible.
Who This Article Is For
- Impact-driven millennials looking for a change
- Side hustler’s
- 9 to 5er’s who are looking to scale to new levels
- Action takers
You’re going to discover how to turn your knowledge and expertise
into a solution to people’s bleeding neck problems. The kind of problems people pay thousands of dollars to have solved.
Now, this may sound like a big claim to you, especially if you are not anywhere near that right now, but believe me, when you follow these 5 steps, this is absolutely possible.
You’re going to see exactly how that’s done in just a moment.
You’re also going to discover how to attract your perfect clients who will be happy to pay you large fees for your services.
And Not only can you charge high fees but you will also have happy clients by delivering amazing results!
- You dabbled with entrepreneur pursuits, but can’t seem to gain traction with anything.
- You’ve thought about becoming a freelancer or entrepreneur, but don’t know the first place to start.
- Do you feel like no matter what you do you can’t seem to break through what seems to be an imaginary cap on your income?
- You are overwhelmed by all the noise, tactics and hype out there.
- You feel as if you can’t start anything because every industry is saturated.
- You are stressed out, overworked, underpaid and unhappy with your job.
- You’re tired of punching that 8-5 Clock and trading time for dollars.
Majority of milennials fall somewhere on the scale of…
Miserable at their job…
….Eh, it pays the bills, but I want to do something more impactful.
Most of us are around a 5 to 6 on a scale of 1 to 10
They were not satisfied with their current situation. They were not happy at their job and they wanted to create their own impact.
But then, when we start to dive into this online business world, we very quickly get overwhelmed.
We are told things like:
- Start social media pages and build your following.
- Post on Facebook, Instagram, twitter and LinkedIn every day.
- Do facebook lives, instagram lives, Make YouTube videos
- Create a facebook group
- Build a website and blog
- Write articles every week
- Build your email list and sell to them
- Do affiliate marketing
- Start a podcast
- Create a membership site
- Network with people
- Write a book
- And so on…
This equals OVERWHELM. And we all know that overwhelm is the quickest path to giving up.
These are the things they are telling you to do. I want to be clear, these things have their place in business, but this is the icing on the cake. This is not the cake.
Some of the biggest, most successful companies in the world are built with only a few pieces, not thousands of complex systems. Therefore, we must keep things very simple.
Richard Branson billionaire and founder of Virgin said…
“Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated; it’s hard to keep things simple.”Richard Branson
I have found this to be one of the defining lessons in my journey. In order to win, we must silence ALL the noise, carefully pick out the few pieces we need, and put them into consistent action.
STEP 1: Find Your Sweet Spot
All right, so what exactly is a ‘sweet spot?’
My definition of it is…
When your skills, passions and purpose collide to create your unique genius that must be shared with the world.
I used to play baseball and damn did it feel good when I hit the ball in the sweet spot of the bat. There is no better feeling in the world and this feeling applies to many other parts of life.
When you find that thing that you can talk about for hours without blinking an eye. The thing you can work on for 10 hours straight even though it felt like no time had passed.
When you can do this thing and have tons of people coming to you for help, paying you large sums of money to solve their problem. When you’re making an impact in the world and going to sleep every night fulfilled and excited for the next day.
That is your sweet spot. That is what we are about to discover.
Before we jump into it, I want to make sure you understand that finding your sweet spot is not always easy. It really depends on your experience so far in the world, so be patient.
Okay, have you ever heard of Ikigai?
It’s a Japanese concept that means “a reason for being.” It’s usually used to indicate the source of value in one’s life or the things that make one’s life worthwhile.
You can see in the chart that it is the overlap of…
- What you love (your passion)
- What the world needs (your mission)
- What you are good at (your vocation)
- What you can get paid for (your profession)
When you find this sweet spot, you will have unlocked a new source of energy that will fuel the journey to your dream life.
What Are You Good At?
- Alright first, what are you good at?
- What are your strengths?
- Your talents?
- What have you been praised for at certain jobs?
- What have you always been known to be good at?
- What have you gotten compliments for?
- What comes easy to you but might be difficult for others?
- If you were to ask others what you’re good at, what would they say?
Make a list of the first 5 things that come to mind.
The ‘Why Are Your Friends With Me’ Exercise
This is one of the most powerful exercises I’ve ever done. I learned things about myself that I never knew!
So, what you’re going to do it meet with or call 3 of your closest friends and ask them why they are friends with you. Don’t tell them why you’re asking, just probe until you get an answer out of them.
- Why they like you
- What they like about you
- What skills you possess
- What they may dislike about you
Ask for complete honesty and be prepared for anything.
We assume we know ourselves really well, but looking at yourself from a different perspective will open your eyes to unknown strengths, weaknesses, and influences that you can leverage moving forward.
What You Love To Do
- If money wasn’t an issue, what would you do with your time on this planet?
- You don’t have to necessarily be experienced or skilled in this.
- What are you passionate about?
- What hobbies do you have?
- What activities do you do?
- What would you love to learn more about?
- What makes you smile?
- What makes you laugh?
- When are you happiest?
- Where are you when you’re super happy?
- If you HAD to do something every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What makes your heart smile?
What The World Need
Okay, what does the world need.
I know this feel like a robust question, but let’s dive in a bit. Think about the needs in the world [big or small] that align most with you. What are the first few things that come to mind when I ask you these questions?
- What do the people closest to you need the most?
- What do your friends or family complain about the most?
- What world issue would you most want to solve?
- What does that issue look like if you scaled it back to just yourself?
- For instance, I want to help the environment, so maybe I can invest in fuel efficient or electric car.
- Or maybe I can be vegan and reduce CO2 and water use from animal agriculture
- Maybe I want to increase the overall health of humans on the planet
- Maybe I could help 1 person lose 20 lbs
- What are some issues in your own life that you would like to solve?
Okay, take your notes and formulate your 5 things the world needs.
What You Can Be Paid For
Okay, what can you be paid for?
- What have you been paid for in the past?
- What are you paid to do right now?
- What are other people paid for that you could do as well?
- What would you pay others to do?
- What would your dream JOB be?
Take some notes here and then formulate your top 5 things you could be paid for.
Okay, come up with you list of 5 things that you love to do…
Alright, here is what mine looks like when filled in.
How is yours coming along?
- Okay, now we need to see what is overlapping.
- Take a moment here to scan through each circle and highlight some common themes.
- Maybe you notice there are a few that align really well.
- For example, here is my run through.
There is a clear overlap between Marketing, helping others, and building impact-driven business through education and guidance.
This exercise doesn’t have to look perfect, this is only to get you thinking and help you visualize what your sweet spot may look like.
I was eventually able to turn this into my current sweet spot which is:
Helping Amazing Millennials find their sweet spot and build their Business around it.
Many people go their entire life without finding their sweet spot.
Take your time and give it the time and energy it needs. Maybe it’s clear and you already have it, or maybe it will take you months or years filled with trying new things to figure it out.
Now don’t get me wrong, this sweet spot will evolve just like everything else in life. It may change completely so leave room for pivoting. But, for most of you, this is going to be the catalyst you’ve been looking for in life.
Now I want to show you how to find the problem you want to solve for people.
STEP 2: Find A Problem
There is an infinite number of problems in this world.
When one problem is solved, another is created, that is how evolution works. Therefore, you will never be out of business. You just need to strengthen your problem finding muscles so you always know where to look.
That being said, just because the solution to your problem already exists, doesn’t mean you can’t also solve it. In fact, this is the easiest route as it proves there is a market for it.
All you must do is solve the problem for different people or in a different way. Maybe the only thing you change is the way you deliver the solution. Don’t be afraid to emulate the successful.
This is where we get our hands dirty.
This is the research + validation phase and it is the most important step.
Majority of people skip this step or speed through it. Taking your time here will differentiate you from the majority. In this step, I am going to give you a few of my favorite strategies and tools for finding problems in the world.
Get out a blank sheet of paper or a google doc — whatever you use to take notes. You will want to refer back to these as you grow so keep them somewhere safe. I like to keep all my stuff in google drive so I can organize, share, and update documents easily.
I recommend you take a few hours, go to a coffee shop and dive into this. Or you could knock out 30 minutes a day for a week or so. You want to do this until you have full confidence that the problem you want to solve…
- Is big enough
- And most importantly, falls inside your sweet spot. This must be a problem you can solve.
As we move through this, I want you to rank your confidence level from 1 to 10. Right now you are at a 1.The more research you do and the more problems you find, the higher that number will go.
Continue with this step until you reach a hard 10, no less.
Okay, the first tool we will be using is one of my favorites, Quora.
It is a Q & A Platform with over 100 million users.
Here is what you do.
- Open Quora and create an account if you don’t already have one
- Search keywords around your sweet spot in the search bar
- Start scanning through questions that jump out at you, when you see one that aligns, scroll through and scan the answers.
For example, I searched things like:
- Online business
- Personal brand
- Digital marketing
- online entrepreneurship
- online coaching business
And many other longer tail keywords and got a plethora of questions. Quora spits out tons of real questions from real people that anyone on Quora can answer. Many questions have thousands of answers as well.
Copy and paste any problems you are seeing.
For example, as I scroll through the results of “starting an online business” I notice a trend.
People who wrote answers were saying things like:
- Start an LLC
- Do affiliate marketing
- Start a Shopify store
And everything seems to be very money focused.
Well I can tell you I have tried many of these in my journey and nothing changed until I started first by finding something I could do within my sweet spot.
My research quickly proved that a huge pain point in this space is getting started on the right path and avoiding overwhelm.
As I dive deeper, I start to see things like.
- “I’m unhappy at my job, what should I do?”
- “Why do I feel lost in my career?”
- “What are some ways to start a business?”
- “How do I start a business in a field that I don’t have much knowledge in? Is it possible to do this without going to school?”
- And so on…
It’s obvious that many people want to start an online business, but don’t know where to start.
Hmmm, what if I could formulate a program that would show people exactly how to build their thriving online business from scratch by leveraging their sweet spot like I did?
Okay so we got the gears turning now. Let’s move onto the next tool.
There is this tool called Google that you’ve probably never heard of…
But it’s really powerful…okay, not funny.
Time to do the same thing we just did, but using google.
- Type in keywords or questions around your sweet spot and see what google suggests before finishing the sentence.
- This proves that many people are searching that topic.
- Once you find something that aligns, begin clicking on links and start scanning.
- Copy paste anything that seems like a clear problem.
Alright, next tool is Amazon!
There is an infinite number of books and reviews on Amazon and we are going to tap into that!
- Go to Amazon
- Change the search category to ‘Books’ and type in keywords around your sweet spot or in your niche
- Start scanning until you see books with tons of reviews
- Read through the 5-star and the 1-star reviews to hear what people love and dislike about the book.
This is a clear look into the mind of your target market. They are telling you what problems they have!
For example, here is one 5 star review around my niche – starting an online business
I loved reading every bit this book. It’s been a while that I’m reading/listening to various books and podcasts, but as an artist that is becoming an entrepreneur, I needed something compact, straight to the point and short that has all the key points for someone like myself to get started and implement instead of spending hours and hours on research and learning. This book was THAT for me and I LOVED it for that. The chapter on the niche market, allowed me to figure out exactly who my target clients are and how I can approach them/provide what they’re looking for. RECOMMENDED TO ANYBODY, especially ARTISTS!
So she explains that she wants a short-cut to becoming an entrepreneur. She is a bit overwhelmed by all the content out there and wants a clear step by step process.
She then explains that the niche market chapter resonated with her. This is huge validation for my problem as well as a great look into how they are talking about it.
So go through a bunch of these and copy-paste the validating reviews into a doc.
Other Places Your People May Be Hanging Out
Okay, so these are the 3 big ones, but if you feel you need to continue searching, here are some more places where your people may be hanging out.
Instagram — Search by using specific hashtags. Read peoples quotes and captions, read the comments etc.
Facebook group — join related groups and ask people what their pain points are. Read through past questions and comments.
Forums – This is where people hang out to discuss a specific topic online. Reddit is one of the biggest, you can search for your subreddit or you can google
–> Popular forums for (insert your niche).
You can even reach out to friends and family to get their thoughts on certain problems.
This problem must fall inside your sweet spot.
For example: The problem I found is “entrepreneurial minded millennials who are unhappy at their job and overwhelmed by any attempt to start something of their own.” If you are reading this, there is a 95% chance that you suffer from that problem and you are her in order to solve it.
The problem fits perfectly in my sweet spot.
I love helping people and talking to people.
I have always been a good coach whether it was in sports or in a business setting
I have experience in the entrepreneurial and marketing world.
I am an impact-driven millennial.
I love transformation.
And I made the journey from unhappy at a 9 to 5, to happy and self-employed.
Moving into step 3 you should have a problem that you believe you can solve.
Alright, moving right along here!
STEP 3: Create A Solution
This is where things start to get fun.
So how do we do this? We found our problem, now we need to fix it. Well, every problem can be fixed with a bit of creativity. So this is where we start brainstorming.
Start answering all these questions by looking through your research.
What is their desired outcome?
- What do they want?
- What is the outcome that solves their bleeding neck problem?
What solution would they pay large sums of money to solve?
- Would they easily pay $2,000 to $20,000 to have this problem solved?
- If this problem was solved, their life or business would change drastically.
What are some secondary benefits to this outcome?
What are some benefits that come along with this problem being solved?
- Relieves stress…
- Increases happiness…
- Allows for more travel…
- Allows for more family time…
- And so on..
What does it look like — visually?
What does it sound like?
- What words do they use?
What does it feel like — emotionally?
- We are emotional beings.
- How would this outcome make them feel in different areas of their life?
Getting Creative With Solving It
What if you don’t personally know exactly how to solve it at the moment?
How can you gather the people or resources that do and put it into a nice package? Is it something you could learn in the next couple of weeks?
You do not need to know exactly how you’re going to solve it yet, but you should start to see generally what it looks like from a far.
At the end of this step, you should know exactly what Bliss looks like for them so that we can move forward with validating this offer.
We will not actually build the product until we’ve landed our first client.
This allows us to move quickly and pivot easily without wasting time and money building an offer that no one wants.
The Package + Price
Once you have validated your problem, it’s time to build the outline for the package.
Since we are moving quickly, we won’t be building the actual product until we land our first paying client. But, the process must be smooth and seamless for you.
That is why putting in the work to map out exactly what the product WILL be is essential to your success.
When pricing things, we automatically assume time or features are what they want and what they are paying for.
This is the time for money mindset that has been hammered into us. What we need to do instead is figure out how much value the offer has. How much would they pay to have this problem solved?
$100, $1,000, $7,000, is it priceless?
I have had people tell me that the transformation I provide is priceless, therefore anything I charge is a steal…
You can do the same.
Let’s look at some fun numbers really quick.
What Is The Easiest Way to Make 20k Per Month?
What is the easiest way to make 20k per month?
- 100 x $200 clients
- 40 x $500 clients
- 8 x $2,500 clients
- 4 x $5,000 clients
- 2 x $10,000 clients
Could you imagine only having to worry about getting a couple of clients a month to make a killing?
Well, it’s all about positioning your product correctly.
So, we are going to price your package between $1,000 and $10,000.
If this freaks you out, that is okay. It freaked me out at first too.
That’s because we are used to the $7 to $300 range, not an investment of thousands that will get real results.
STEP 4: Land Your First Client
Your only goal at this point is to land one client.
Nothing else matters.
After you do this, an entire world will open up.
When you demand a high price, you no longer have to stress about landing a bunch of clients.
When you aren’t having to focus so much on sales, you can deliver amazing value to your clients and build a valuable brand that will feed you clients organically.
First, we need to generate leads, book phone calls, and then make our first sale.
First Things First, Lead Generation
Okay, so we know our people are out there just waiting for us to solve their problem.
We are not going to worry about building our automated system yet since all we care about it getting our first client.
This is a sprint to validate your idea, learn your market and land your first client as soon as possible.
So let’s find where your people are and get them on the phone.
If you Google lead generation you get plethora of different strategies.
To be honest, they pretty much all work, but majority of them won’t work for you.
That is because, just like we find our business sweet spot, we also need to find our marketing sweet spot. A place where we want to show up daily and create content and engage with our community.
Not a place strategy that we dislike a few days into it becuase we don’t see any results.
So in order to get our first client, we are going to pick one thing and stick to it daily.
Pro Tip: Add 30 minutes or more per day to your calendar where you completely dedicate your energy to this effort.
Do not expect results until day 29. Do this blindly with the sole intention to educate people for free.
This will build trust between you and potential clients.
I am going to share with you the strategy that has worked best for me.
Facebook Group Engagement Strategy
People who engage in facebook groups consistently are typically in dire need of a solution to their problem. They are active people who seek out community to help them solve their problem. You can be the perfect next step for them.
These groups are also super specific and sometimes intimate, so it’s a perfect way to really target down and get to know you people.
Keep in mind, this strategy can be done on any platform.
How It Works:
- Join a group or more per day that aligns with your niche
- Engage with the members [comment, ask questions, answer questions, post articles and videos etc.]
- On day 3, message the admin and ask if you can post a link to your content [Make sure it’s a well-written, detailed, educational piece of content] If they say no, feel free to leave the group as it will most likely not get you many results.
- You can track all of this inside of a Google sheet to keep track of your groups.
- On your website or wherever the content is, create a content upgrade or a lead-magnet where they can get 3x more value around the same exact topic. This will ensure you’re building your email list with prospective clients only.
- Create an email sequence over the next 3 to 7 days that builds the relationship. Give them the option to take a call with you in order to solve their problem, but put this offer in the P.S. section so it’s not obvious. We don’t want it to be the point of the email. The right people will read every word, including the P.S. copy.
- Use Calendly or any other free booking software so they can schedule a call with you
- Continue this process daily for 30 minutes or more
Maybe your people aren’t on Facebook, that’s okay. Emulate the same steps on any social platform where your people hang out.
- Reddit and other forums
Alright, let’s movin’ right along!
So you’ve gotten some people to book a time to speak with you on the phone, now it’s time for sales.
- This is your opportunity to be so compelling, enticing and enrolling that they have no choice but to say YES.
- Take them on an emotional journey to discover for themselves: this is the right step, now is the right time!
- They must recognize the gravity of their situation! Must be present to the cost of remaining as is.
- They must see your product as the bridge to solving their issue(s) and accessing what they soooo desire.
- They need to understand & appreciate that NOW is the time to act-no waiting, no putting it off.
You must be confident and comfortable in what you offer, that is why we created the outline of the solution first. We haven’t taken the time to actually build out the package yet, but once we land our first client, we will build it live for them.
Because we don’t want to take months to build out an entire product that no one actually wants. That’s why we fully validate it first and build it ahead of the first client.
When on the phone with a prospective client,
- Remember to breathe and have fun
- You’re selling your emotional state–emotions are contagious and if they love your emotion they will invest in you to get it.
- Don’t be afraid of getting a no.
- In fact, go get 10 No’s before you ever even expect a yes.
Download The DareMe App
There is an app called DareMe created by the same guy who made the 100 Days of Rejection Challenge popular, Jia Jiang.
It gives you three challenges to choose from every day that put you outside of your comfort zone.
- Ask a stranger to borrow $100
- Or ask someone to rate how you look.
- Or offer to sell something to someone, like a hug.
I aim to do a few a week and it makes me feel as if I can do anything. You no longer care much about what others think.
*** Download the app and do one challenge a day to build your confidence.
- Psychology / Mindset
- Warm-up / Connection & rapport
- Confirmation / Clarity
- Invitattion / Close
- Reward / Surprise
STEP 5: Deliver
You’ve got the sale, now what.
First order of business…DON’T freak out!
This is the easy part. You’ve done all the heavy lifting!
You already know what your product looks like, you just need to build it.
And the best part is, you only need to build it at the same speed that your client goes through it.
So for example..
My program is a 3-month package that takes people from where they are to building their thriving online business around their sweet spot.
I do this with video trainings, worksheets, exercises and weekly coaching calls.
But I didn’t build the program until I got my first sale.
Then I simply started with week one, created the video according to my plan and placed it into a members area for my client and future clients.
Now I am removing myself from the picture as much as possible without diminishing any results.
This allows me to scale.
And that my friend, is how you find your Business Sweet Spot and Land Your First Client…
If you want to build your business, let’s talk. I set aside time every week to talk to amazing people and help them find clarity.
Apply here for a free clarity call so we can put these steps into action for your business.
There are two ways to do it. The super complicated, long, frustrating, expensive way…and the simple, efficient, effective, fun way. I’ve done both. Sign up for your free clarity call to streamline your business genesis and launch.